Saturday, October 31, 2009

A bunch of pictures from my distant past...

Well, only high school. I didn't even know these existed, but it's nice to see them here.

I think Flickr is rather sophisticated for it's primary purpose as a personal photo repository (alliteration!). I like that there are many tie-ins to different things, including blogs and the colorwheel gadget. Viewing photos by tags is very interesting, and some people are quite talented at putting up pictures. On one hand, it's great that putting up pictures is so easy to do for just about anyone now, with the added bonus of being free. On the other hand, the deluge of all these pictures means that some inevitably get lost. I'm sure there are some great pictures out there that never really get seen. Also, the feature-rich options on Flickr may be overwhelming to some people, especially newbies to photo such as me.

Finally, a video to see you off until next time. And I've learned to embed it, too!

1 comment: